Tales of the Great Detectives. Edit
Tales of the Great Detectives is the third anthology by Obverse Books set in the popular City of the Saved. Edited by Philip Purser-Hallard, the anthology features The Great Detective Agency, which is a detective agency staffed entirely by versions of Sherlock Holmes and his attendant Doctor Watsons, Inspector Lestrades, Mrs Hudsons (and a smattering of Professors Moriartys) fictional beings made flesh by the sciences of the City.
The City of the Saved houses every human being who ever lived. Inevitably, its immortal Citizens entertain themselves by recreating those who never did. One fiction above all has drawn the attentions of the Remakers – a character existing in countless interpretations, many of them now alive and in business together as the Great Detective Agency.
These are their tales.
Read about Holmes and Watson’s sojourn in the strangely clichéd Mansion of Doom, about the Case of the Pipe Dream and the Adventure of the Piltdown Prelate. Learn what happens when a Watson falls in love, when a Moriarty goes missing, and when Sherlock Holmes comes face-to-face with his arch-nemesis, the sinister Dr Conan Doyle...
- Saqqaf by Philip Purser-Hallard
- Young Sherlock Holmes and the Mansion of Doom by Stephen Marley
- Eliminating the Impossible by Jess Faraday
- The Case of the Pipe Dream by Chantelle Messier
- Art in the Blood by Kelly Hale
- The Adventure of the Piltdown Prelate by Andrew Hickey
- The Baker Street Dozen by Elizabeth Evershed
- Sussex by Philip Purser-Hallard